SELinux - copying ISO file content

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at unil.ch
Mon Oct 6 17:39:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:05:00 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> I don't know what vmshared is> It is beling labeled as a unlabeled_t
> which means the kernel policy does not know what this file system is.

Yes, vmshared is a special filesystem provided by the VirtualBox.  It
gets compiled and installed as a kernel module when you install the
VirtualBox tools on the client machine.  It allows one folder/directory
of the host machine to be seen as a filesystem on the client, allowing
file sharing.

> If you run restorecon -R -v ~/
>
> Does it change the context on this file system?

No

I tried mounting it under /mnt, but the results are the same.  I did
not try to mount it through dolphin or other GUI.  I have no idea what
the GUI does that a simple command-line mount does not.

Cheers,
					Christian