rawhide report: 20081007 changes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Oct 7 19:23:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 12:21 +0000, Rawhide Report wrote:

> anaconda-11.4.1.44-1
> --------------------
> * Mon Oct  6 18:00:00 2008 David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> - 11.4.1.44-1
> - Do not rely on loaderData->noDns to tell if we have DNS configured.
>   (dcantrell)
> - Skip askmethod dialog if user passes repo= and stage2= (dcantrell)
> - Reset resolver in get_connection() (dcantrell)
> - Fix problems dealing with PXE boot and the ksdevice= parameter. (dcantrell)
> - Disable more IPv6 code in loader for now. (dcantrell)
> - Write BOOTPROTO=static for manual IPv4 config. (dcantrell)
> - Disable IPv6 widgets for F-10. (dcantrell)
> - Add iwlagn driver firmware (#465508). (clumens)
> - Move starting HAL to after we've probed for hardware. (clumens)
> - Don't try to load a couple modules that no longer exist. (clumens)
> - The Chinese font package has changed names (#465290). (clumens)
> - Fix a traceback when there's no ksdevice given (#465638). (clumens)
> - Fix traceback in post install configuration (hans)

Tried a rawhide install this morning after I got it sync'd..

1 - Language selection screen wouldn't pull in any languages (this
happened before) and therefore nothing to select.

2 - When using the "askmethod" option, when configuring a static
network, after putting in ipv4 info (IP, netmask, etc.) and hitting
ok/next/continue/forward button, get some type of error bout ipv6 but
cant' remember what it said.  Either I hit a button or it did it on it's
own and continued on.

3 - This next step from above, may or may not be related, but when I put
in my server name and path to rawhide, it said couldn't find
image(s)/stage2.img or install.img or something like that.  And I know
the dir is mounted and works fine.  Couldn't go any further at this
point.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org