How to package code compiled with 'gcc -m32'?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 8 15:12:14 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones <rjones <at> redhat.com> writes:
> That patch builds a 64 bit makensis, which is definitely an
> improvement.  However something still wants to link with the 32 bit
> wxGTK-devel.i386 library and include <gnu/stubs-32.h>.

That's the menu stuff. I haven't tried building that one yet (it's disabled in
that SRPM - it's not essential to be able to use NSIS). Presumably there's also
a -m32 switch somewhere there which also has to be patched out? There may also
be 64-bit safety issues, I can help you with those. (I have some experience
with that sort of stuff, I had my own 64-bit patchset for NSIS originally, but
Debian eventually fixed the same stuff too so I used theirs, I was also the one
who fixed z88dk for 64-bit architectures.) The gist of it is to build on x86_64
with as many GCC warnings as possible and fix everything GCC complains about,
usually those are all the offending places, only rarely there is some stuff
which has to be noticed by hand (during runtime testing).

        Kevin Kofler