Upgrading to F10 was a bad experience

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 8 16:52:39 UTC 2008

José Matos <jamatos <at> fc.up.pt> writes:
> Country/Region & Language -> keyboard layout
>
> and select "disabled keyboard layouts".

Actually, don't disable layouts altogether, set model to "Evdev-managed
keyboard" instead. The latest kde-settings sets that up as the default, but if
you previously changed the model to something else, you'll have to change it by
hand.

If a better solution can't be found (some patch just went into
xorg-x11-drv-evdev which might help there), we could add a kconf_update script
to kde-settings to forcefully change your existing configuration to the working
one.

        Kevin Kofler