Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:25:37 UTC 2008

Karsten Hopp wrote:

> Getting libtool-2.2 into F-11 is my plan, but I most likely need to get
> that through
> FESCo as it breaks up to 300 packages according to my mass rebuilds. I'm
> going to
> prepare a Wiki page with details about that.

It doesn't need FESCo approval.  It does need discussion, wide
publication, and possibly an offer to help packagers who are affected by
the change.  A wiki page is definitely a good place to start.

If you feel the change is too disruptive to land in the main repo until
some things have been fixed (even in the earliest period of the F-11
rawhide cycle) you can coordinate with rel-eng to have a separate build
tag where you work on fixing the packages that break before turning it
loose on the masses.

-Toshio