Taking fedora-devel into consideration [Was: Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 22:26:25 UTC 2008

On 2008-10-08, 19:31 GMT, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Did this email come from the past? Do we really want to talk
> about upstart again?

Did you read my message? That was just another example of
decision making which was kind of weird, IMHO.

> I'm sorry you're offended. We can't please everyone all the
> time with every decision. If you don't like the decisions, feel
> free to run for FESCo and/or vote/not vote for people who you
> disagree with.

Actually, I really cannot care less about whether sysvinit is
better than Upstart (or other way around) -- I am a desktop guy
and whatever gets me to gdm is good enough for me.

I am interested only in the procedure -- after what seemed like
a rare example of flamewar which led to some conclusion, FESCO
seemed to decide just opposite.

Whatever, back to deduplicating ATI crashes ;-).

Matěj