Disappointed: My feature was removed without noticing me

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:43:57 UTC 2008

2008/10/7 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> The Haskell feature was dropped at the same meeting just because the
> guy maintaining it wasn't there.  Probably he didn't know the meeting
> was happening because he didn't read some announcement in one of the
> multitude of mailing lists that we need to keep up with.  Or being in
> Europe, he might have been busy at 7/8pm in the evening.

Actually, i'm in the US now.  I was in class at the time.

To be fair though, i'm not sure Haskell was ready either.  We don't
have many packages out of the review queue yet, and while this is
partially my fault, having something a little more worthy of Feature
Complete for Fedora 11 seems like a better idea.

Still... notification about a meeting would have been nice, if only so
I could have made this evaluation before the meeting occured, and it
could have been discussed better informed.

-Yaakov