Disappointed: My feature was removed without notifying me

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 00:47:34 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 17:33:43 Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > >       * no FeSCo member except from Bill reacted to my previous mails.
> >
> > Sorry.
>
> Kevin, no need for further excuses, it's ok, although I'd really like to
> hear some more statements from people involved in that decision.

As Josh already said, its as simple as the Feature not being testable at
freeze time, due to packages required by the Feature not yet being approved.
In my mind, nothing more, nothing less.

Communication could certainly stand to be improved, which was one of the focal
topics of today's FESCo meeting, but the schedule and feature process pages
have been out there in the wiki for some time, and clearly state that if a
Feature isn't testable at freeze time, it will be dropped. However, its only
"dropped" in that its not a Feature touted for the impending release, no
reason it can't still progress forward and be touted in the next release
(and/or made available in the -updates repo for the release it missed, in the
case of new packages like this).

> Nevertheless we should now focus on getting the packages into the repos
> ASAP.

Agreed. You've got a healthy head start on an F11 Feature here. :)

(Which I'll gladly try out on my netbook, though I'm actually pretty happy
with the tweaked gnome setup I have on it now...)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com