Possible to default to KDE?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 02:10:43 UTC 2008

In Fedora 9 due to (some problems) it wasn't possible to set the system
default desktop to KDE if you still had GNOME installed.

Yes, I know you could do it at the per-user level with ~/.dmrc, but that
requires it to already be set once for a new-user.

Yes, I know you can easily do this if you switch away from gdm to kdm.

Does Fedora 10 have a way to default the entire system to any other
desktop (including new users) without uninstalling GNOME and without
switching away from gdm?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com