Taking fedora-devel into consideration [Was: Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 15:20:25 UTC 2008

On 2008-10-09, 12:50 GMT, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Most people (including FESCo members) after those one or two
> months will have forgotten most (if not all) of the arguments
> from the mailing list discussion; and only some people/FESCo
> members will look at the old discussion closer again (we are
> all busy and time is very rare);

I thought that I will gladly let this thread die, but this
paragraph hit me -- if this the description of reality in FESCo
than I know how to vote in the upcoming elections. If you really
don't prepare for the decision on the meeting agenda in advance
(which would apparently include here checking the thread from the
archives of fedora-devel), then you are not doing your job well.

And I really don't care much how busy you are. If the quality of
decision-making process is so bad, than you have probably put too
much on your plate, and you should reconsider your involvment in
Fedora and possibly scale down somewhere.

I hope that you were making up this scenario just to cheaply
destroy my argument, because I would hate if this is the true
description of the FESCo decision making process.

Best,

Matěj