Fedora 10 Live CD services (all necessary?)

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Oct 9 17:18:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 07:08:29PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I know that no network I access has IPv6. No ADSL carrier in Croatia
> uses IPv6, my company doesn't use IPv6, and I in my home network I
> don't use IPv6.

That will not remain true for much longer.

Surprise.  Any network you access doesn't need to support IPv6 for
link-local to work and expose your system to everyone else on the same
link (subnet).  Any network you access won't need to support IPv6 for
Teredo to work and expose your system to the entire internet at large,
in spite of most NAT or network edge firewalls that are in place.

Besides, this isn't Valent Linux.  The defaults should be what is
appropriate for the majority of Fedora users.  On by default firewalls
that block all inbound network services are appropriate, as you
suggested earlier.  That must include IPv6.