Fedora 10 Live CD services (all necessary?)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:38:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 07:08:29PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> I know that no network I access has IPv6. No ADSL carrier in Croatia
>> uses IPv6, my company doesn't use IPv6, and I in my home network I
>> don't use IPv6.
>
> That will not remain true for much longer.
>
> Surprise.  Any network you access doesn't need to support IPv6 for
> link-local to work and expose your system to everyone else on the same
> link (subnet).  Any network you access won't need to support IPv6 for
> Teredo to work and expose your system to the entire internet at large,
> in spite of most NAT or network edge firewalls that are in place.
>
> Besides, this isn't Valent Linux.  The defaults should be what is
> appropriate for the majority of Fedora users.  On by default firewalls
> that block all inbound network services are appropriate, as you
> suggested earlier.  That must include IPv6.

Ok, I you proved your point and I acknowledged it already. I don't
know enough about ip6tables that is why I asked in the first place
that MORE experienced people say which of these services need to be
enabled and which not... so this service obviouls needs to be enabled
by default, what about other services?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/