[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Fri Oct 10 14:23:22 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> wrote:
>
>> This situation seems to be reflected in the Fedora project itself. Guess,
>> how many Fedora infrastructure servers are run under the latest "stable"
>> Fedora release?
>>

> Almost none.  The reason is simple - the Fedora project does not have
> infinite resources, the most important of which is time.  As can be
> seen from the recent intrusion, completely rebuilding the
> infrastructure takes a lot of time and causes a lot of pain.  It's a
> better use of human resources to use RHEL in the Fedora Infrastructure
> so we don't have to be continually rebuilding systems

I would prefer that Fedora would be stable enough, thus does not require
"continually rebuilding systems" ;)

When the infrastructure of some distribution use this distribution
immediately, the quality of the distribution is compelled to be much
higher. In other words, when you create a bug, it is much better when
this bug strikes your head at the same time, rather than someone will
report it in bugzilla, where it will be delayed for a long time...

~buc