[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 14:44:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 04:11:12PM +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-10-10, 12:53 GMT, Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
> > In my opinion fedora is losing space from centos and ubuntu
>
> b) If anybody is running production servers on Fedora, then worse
>    for him -- Fedora is a developers' distro and that's the
>    reason why it has limited support. If you think you want to
>    revive Fedora Legacy project (which died for disinterest of
>    its users), then I would suggest that you join CentOS -- I am
>    quite certain they can use as many people helping as possible.

Fedora legacy (or fedora lts) would not be the same than centos. Maybe a
Centos + repository with more recent stuff would be, but currently I
think that there is something in the middle between fedora and centos
that is missing. Now it may very well be possible that there is not
enough interested users to make that distro, but there is also a lack of
support from the boards. Some months ago I proposed something for a
fedora lts that was brought down, maybe for good reasons, but the tone
of the discussions really showed very few support, and I'd even say some
antagonism.

--
Pat