[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Fri Oct 10 23:38:42 UTC 2008

* Patrice Dumas [11/10/2008 00:59] :

> But within the fedora infrastructure, and with the fedora rules (unlike
> fedora legacy that had different infrastructure and rules).

What's so important about the fedora infrastructure that it is required
to release updates past EOL ? The rules I can understand (even if I don't
agree) but those can be replicated elsewhere.

> As a side note, I think that in the end my project would certainly have
> failed because I don't think that somebody would have stepped up to take
> the big ones, like glibc, kernel, gcc but this would have been an
> interesting test.

But why didn't you try ?
Your proposal sounded like a good idea (although I think you're right
that not enough people are interested in it for it to be viable) and
I think it's a shame that you didn't go ahead and implement it.

Emmanuel