[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 23:55:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:38:42AM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Patrice Dumas [11/10/2008 00:59] :
> >
> > But within the fedora infrastructure, and with the fedora rules (unlike
> > fedora legacy that had different infrastructure and rules).
>
> What's so important about the fedora infrastructure that it is required
> to release updates past EOL ? The rules I can understand (even if I don't
> agree) but those can be replicated elsewhere.
>
> But why didn't you try ?

It requires hardware and some admins to have a build system. I don't
have the time, nor the computers.

> Your proposal sounded like a good idea (although I think you're right
> that not enough people are interested in it for it to be viable) and
> I think it's a shame that you didn't go ahead and implement it.

I cannot do that on my own. I am a packager and I know next to nothing
about how to set up a buildsystem. It took quite a long time for
rpmfusion to do that I don't have that time (nor the hardware).

--
Pat