[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Oct 11 05:53:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 17:08 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> You're going to have to expound on that. I do not see Centos in any
> >> way as in competition with Fedora.
> > EPEL drains away resources from Fedora.
> >
> > If people were investing the time they (as I feel waste) on supporting
> > EPEL into Fedora, Fedora would be better.
> >

> Ok. Ralf.. if you hate Fedora
Absolutely not.

> and all its projects so much, why do you
> fricking stay around. Every fricking thread its "Fedora has too much
> bueracracy. Fedora has a broken build system. EPEL steals resources..
> " What are you doing?
I am complaining about a _few_ people having run down a once fascinating
project, with the very same people closing their eyes in front this, of
what I consider to be an inconvenient truth.

Wrt. EPEL, I have always had the same opinion on it, since the very
beginning.

> >> Sure. With more devs, servers, time, etc.
> > ... less bureaucracy, less committees/less chiefs/more Indians,
> > different people, different strategies.

> Then DO SOMETHING.
Sigh, I repeatedly have been trying to do something, but always the same
"Fedora chiefs" had machine-gunned almost each and every proposal.

You know, you have been one of these - Do I really have to be more
direct?

Ralf