young Fedora torrents spread data too slowly

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Oct 11 15:36:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 08:10:06AM -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> Young torrents on http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ spread data too slowly.
> At 0500 UTC on Sat.Oct.11, there was 1 seed and 14 leeches, all at 13% done.
> At 1300 UTC on Sat.Oct.11, there was 1 seed and 31 leeches, all at 55% done.
> This is for F10-Snap1-x86_64-Live.
> I turned my machine off for the night (US PDT), powered on in the morning,
> and within half an hour had caught up to all leeches at 57% done.
> I use tranmsissionbt, and I saw that the seed was sending pieces of 256 KiB
> to me at 2.5 KiB/s, taking almost two minutes per piece (and then "pausing.")

To be honest, I'm less interested in downloading a snapshot that
doesn't have an installer that works.  The whole point of using a
snapshot rather than say, a daily rawhide, is to test the installer on
media rather than a network install.  Perhaps others feel the same way
which is why there isn't much contribution to this torrent.