[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Oct 12 14:50:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 04:43:38PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Patrice Dumas [12/10/2008 16:29] :
> >
> > It doesn't go beyond the requirements for a fedora LTS. If fedora LTS
> > isn't on par with fedora from the infrastrructure point of view, it is
> > not worth pursuing.
>
> At which point we're back to making excuses for not actually doing
> anything and demanding that people who aren't interested in Fedora LTS
> do the needed work.

Which work? Not shutting down builders and other infras for the EOL
branches? In my proposal I propose to find somebody to do the signing,
which is the only part that requires work -- unless I am missing
something.

I am not competent in infrastructure building nor have I the time to
lead a project which includes building an infrastructure. But I can lead
a project targeted at packaging the core of fedora for LTS -- but only
the packaging part.

> This is insane and if everybody had that atitude, half the Fedora SIGs
> would never have seen the light of day.

Most of the SIGs don't need specific infrastructure. The analogy is
EPEL, but EPEL got support.

--
Pat