reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Oct 12 20:42:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 09:57:47AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> I perused the thread, but failed to find any reference to any authoritative statement that fedora infrastructure could not be used for such an effort.  Am I missing something?

In fact you are missing the previous thread, which is much longer,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg02191.html

with, for example:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg02213.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg02562.html

It ends with Jef Spaleta telling that it is sad that I voice my concerns
without taking the lead:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg02640.html

I ended up doing it by proposing UAEL, but without much more success
even if I took the lead I was shot down by the same Jef, on the metric
about packager investment in UAEL... I must say that, personnally for me
this was a bit bitter to see that unrealistic things are asked for to
shoot down an idea and that involvment is not necessarily enough to get
things done when some people oppose.

--
Pat