F10B2 Install Bug?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:45:39 UTC 2008

I've installed Fedora since FC1, this was a new one on me!

When choosing the disk layout the installed seemed to format the wrong disk!

Here is/was my setup:

Toshiba Laptop with 120G internal Hitachi HD (already loaded with F10B2),
internal DVD drive and an USB Seagate 80G drive that I was going to install
to.  When I got to the disk partitioning section I choose to Remove all
partitions from disk, unchecked the Hitachi "Use this disk for
installation", Seagate disk was already checked and changed the boot from
disk from the Hitachi to the Seagate disk.  I did not review the layout and
pressed next, clicked "write changes to disk" then it crashed.  Didn't think
much about it, only that somehow I confused it trying to install to the USB
disk until I went to reboot using the normal internal Hitachi drive.  While
booting grub came up with my normal kernel options, choose my latest kernel
and hit enter, from there booting crashed not being able to find the logical
volume!

Is there an installer bug that formatted the wrong disk, or was I having a
mild stroke when configuring the disk layout?

Andy

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org