Status of libtool 2.2.X?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Oct 13 05:26:20 UTC 2008

| From: Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>

| Yes, but the kind of patches that should be sent upstream are not the
| ones resulting in 300 busted packages from a libtool upgrade.  We're
| talking about patches applied by a specfile build.

Could you characterize the problems that cause 300 busted packages?

Naive questions:

- Might a reasonable patch to libtool 2.2 fix a lot of these problems?
  (And no, I don't mean "patch it back to 2.1.")

- Would it make sense to allow multiple versions of libtools co-exist
  on a system and allow a .spec declaration of some kind specify which
  to use?