SELinux - copying ISO file content

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Oct 13 13:33:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 22:34 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:55:07 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Somebody else jumped on the thread and steered the conversation
> > toward a virtualbox problem, which somewhat related to Jon's issue,
> > it's not the same issue.
>
> Right, mea culpa and sorry about that.  I thought my problem had the
> same root as the OP's problem, but it now appears I was wrong...

:)

I occasionally bring up the SELinux issue because I'm trying to ask
"what would a regular computer user think?", not whether I can solve the
problem for myself with setting contexts or disabling the protection.

And last night, I had a wonderful SELinux experience again, this time
using Samba shares. None of the guests running within KVM were able to
talk to Samba, so I wasted time pondering networking problems, etc.
before I realized I rebooted since I setup the Samba shares. In the end,
the usual process of mumbling sweet words about SELinux and turning it
off was the response...and I remain convinced therefore that it is
entirely appropriate to subject regular desktop users to SELinux.

Jon.