reviving Fedora Legacy

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 19:21:04 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) said:
> Why would we want to? Just let things going as long as there is at least one
> maintainer committing something. Even if not all security issues get fixed,
> it's better than if none gets fixed.

Hi! We've got this great new thing for you!

Do you like your current Fedora release?

Do you not want to upgrade?

Well, then here we go - we'll support it for you! [*]

[*] Not guaranteed to prevent any or all security attacks [**]
[**] Not all packages to receive security fixes [***]
[***] Maintenance guaranteed for a completely indeterminate period of time [****]
[****] Maintenance can be taken away at any time

Tell me again... what sort of people are you trying to serve with this? In what
way does this serve them better than RHEL or CentOS?

Bill