compat-python, Zope...

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Oct 14 09:14:54 UTC 2008

Hi!

Is there a reason, that there is no compat-python package available? I
have seen a compat-python24 from livna, that works well. And I created
(based on the livna spec) a compat-python23 package.

The main reason for me to spend time on this are our web developers who
are Zope developers. Most projects run with Zope 2.10 and 2.11 and these
Zope versions require Python 2.4.

There are really old projects using Zope 2.8 and this requires Python 2.3.

So. Are there reasons, why there are no older Python version available?
If we would have it, we could also package Zope/Plone...

I'd volunteer to package Zope and it's deps, if there are no objections...

-of