compat-python, Zope...

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Oct 14 09:48:30 UTC 2008

On 14.10.2008 11:14, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Is there a reason, that there is no compat-python package available?

The short version: The python maintainer didn't want to have one in
Fedora and FESCo backed that decision. You will find a lot more about
this topic in the archives of this list; for example in this discussion:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-May/msg00226.html

I doubt the situation changed in between, thus my suggestion would be to
put your packages up for review in bugzilla.rpmfusion.org.

If I'm wrong and if the situation has changed then we should try to move
the compat-python* packages from RPM Fusion to Fedora.

CU
knurd