Regarding install options

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 13:05:56 UTC 2008

> There is a bug in anaconda that forces all build time anaconda
> dependencies in, until this is fixed it is not possible to come with
> something really small. Then we'll see once it is fixed.

And the bug number would be... ?  I'm not seeing this in the code at
all.  The only things anaconda pulls in that aren't explicitly given by
the user or the dependency of another package are:  filesystem
utilities, raid/iscsi/whatever if you install that, gcc if you install
kernel-devel, authconfig, chkconfig, mkinitrd, rhpl, and
system-config-firewall-tui.

The anaconda BuildReqs are rather extensive and includes tons of -devel
packages.  I don't see these getting installed in my testing.

- Chris