Regarding install options

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 15:56:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 16:31 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> Even working with anaconda and doing your own spins with revisor it's
> not easy to get a slim F9 install. It's almost impossible to shed the
> gtk/xorg toolchain because anaconda pulls it in.

I do believe that's just a compose tool problem, and one that I do
believe is fixed in rawhide.  You no longer need any of anaconda's deps
in your compose payload/manifest, as buildinstall will bring in what it
needs to create the graphical install images at compose time.  Your
images (stage2) will have the graphical stuff, but not your install
payload.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!