[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Oct 14 18:11:33 UTC 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> Another example of its brokenness is this: if you log out of the X session,
> you lose your (wireless) network connection.

Well, if you could help me fix the bugs in this patch:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-September/msg00284.html
so it can get merged, that would solve this problem. :-)

> SELinux is another subject for a good rant. Example: I
> created /var/log/dovecot,
> chowned it to dovecot user and configured it to put its logs there. Bang!
> SELinux denial. There's no easy way to fix it permanently either and SELinux
> tools documentation is akin to arcane knowledge. Unless you're familiar with
> all the terminology, you won't understand it.

I also consider SELinux to be a useless PITA and I turn it off on all my
machines (completely, not just permissive).

> PulseAudio is another mess. Three Fedora releases down the road and it still
> doesn't work right. It's another of the things I turn off and uninstall after
> installing a new Fedora box.

PulseAudio works for me.

        Kevin Kofler