compat-python, Zope...

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Oct 15 07:17:25 UTC 2008

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:02:48 +0200
> oliver at linux-kernel.at (Oliver Falk) wrote:
>
>> OK. I think I've read the whole old thread now :-)
>>
>> First of all: I *will* package compat-python and Zope/Plone, because
>> I need it at work. The only question is if Fedora/FESCo wants me to
>> share my work with the Fedora community or not!
>
> FYI, note that compat-python24 and compat-zope are already in livna
> (and I assume then also rpmfusion).
>
> Perhaps you could offer to help maintain those with their maintainer
> there? Even less work, since they are already packaged/used.

I've taken these packages as a starting point. I will need additional
python modules and I do also need compat-python23 and why not take these
packages into Fedora. Why is everyone wicked about maintaining packages
in a third party repository? I know rpmfusion and most packages seem to
be quite good. What's the reason for not taking them into Fedora -
except those packages with non-floss licenses?

-of