compat-python, Zope...

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Oct 15 07:27:31 UTC 2008

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 09:21 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> FYI, note that compat-python24 and compat-zope are already in livna
>> (and I assume then also rpmfusion).
>>
>> Perhaps you could offer to help maintain those with their maintainer
>> there? Even less work, since they are already packaged/used.
>
> The maintainer, Jonathan Steffan (who is currently having email issues),
> told me that he would appreciate having comaintainers. The livna
> infrastructure doesn't support them, but the RPMFusion infrastructure
> does.

Thx a lot for this information. But let us first try to bring this
discussion to an end.

Still, the major questions: Do we really want:

a) Zope/Plone developers not to use Fedora? But instead choose eg.
Debian, because apt-get install does the trick for them.

b) Admins who then have to maintain Zope/Plone in an production
environment over its life cycle not choose Fedora? Because apt-get
install on a Debian system does the trick for them.

c) Very experienced Admins *maybe* choose Fedora (because they *really*
love it) and use livna/rpmfusion packages, but in the end have the
problem about the lack of support and the lack of additional python
modules for Zope/Plone.

d-z) A whole bunch of people who are pissed of, because of a lot of
other reasons, that don't come to my mind immediately. But I'm quite
sure there are more... :-)

-of