reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 17:08:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:00:47PM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:

> I was there.  During the last year or so (when the updates were still
> being cranked out regularly), there were about 2 or 3 folks who would
> review proposed updates or try to put any significant work in it.

Now there won't be a strict need for reviewers. After some time in
bodhi things will get pushed, as it is the case in releases. Hopefully
people will review the updates. As I said repeatedly, we won't ask more
QA than what is in fedora release, and therefore not the amount that was
in legacy.

> Unless we get a list of 20 maintainer-capable people willing to spend
> time in doing security fixes (for _any_ package, not just their pet
> packages), we shouldn't even be wasting time discussing this.
>
> Is there such a list?  If you wish to continue with this, I'd suggest
> you start collecting one at a wiki somewhere, where people could sign
> and tell the terms under which they would be interested in contributing.

The conditions of such a project is what is discussed here. Having
fedora infrastructure and fedora rules used or not is, in my opinion the
most important item for potential contributors. I wanted to contribute
to legacy but was deterred by the fact that another infra with another
set of rules was used. And other people told the same.

--
Pat