reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 17:12:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:48:55AM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> I still want to see more affirmative scenarios on how old branches are
> to be closed out..eventually.  If you can not decide and publish a
> pre-determined EOL date, then you will have to measure something to
> determine when to close out the branch. Branches must have an end
> scenario.. we can not make an open ended resource commitment to each
> and every Fedora release from now into the future.  What you are
> setting up is a situation were all branches remain open forever on the
> off-chance that someone might want to pick up and maintain a package
> 15 years from now. Not acceptable.  If these branches are going to

No, I have proposed 3 or 5 years, and currently only F8, as an
experimental proof of concept and proof of interest. In the scope of
this we coould then set up rules for closing branches, try to see what
is th erates of updates, the coverage... but for now I just want to get
it started as an experimental F8 only project to see if there is
interest or not, set up a SIG and discuss the other points.

I wouldn't be bothered if FESCo said, you only have 18 months, as well.

--
Pat