reviving Fedora Legacy

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 15 19:08:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 07:57:00 -0500,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> With disruptive changes that make it impossible to know if your hardware
> or applications will still work after an upgrade - and what is the
> alternative if they don't?

Don't upgrade and deal with security problems yourself. I ran Redhat 6.2 on
on a network connected system for several years after support ended. For
critical network facing services, I build them from up to date source.
Other stuff stayed the way it was. Later I was stuck at FC5 for a while
past EOL because of a kernel bug and kept an eye on security bug fixes to see
if I needed to update any packages to fix a problem that would apply to me.