[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 19:34:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:29:07PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:46:40AM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
>
> > The work in the scope of this project will be less hard than what was
> > done in the scope of legacy,
>
> I just can't imagine why it would be less; if anything, much more (there
> are more packages today, and the "basic stuff that must work" is getting
> more and more).

Maybe on the packaging side, that is more packages to maintain (the
minimal target being @code + @base in my opinion, but this can be
discussed), but less on the QA and process side. Moreover now that core
is opened it means that contributors may be more involved in core
packages and may have done merge reviews (at least it is my case)
while for legacy people started with packages they had no
reason to know.

> >                              since there will be less QA, in fact the
> > same amount than in fedora.
>
> Right. And everybody complaints that Fedora isn't doing enough here, and
> discussions on how to make it work better are common...

We'll follow. But I don't think that fedora will ever get near what had
to be done in legacy.

--
Pat