Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:11:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 06:34 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Karsten Hopp <karsten at redhat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > My last rebuild showed only ~100 failures, I'm not sure what I've done
>> > differently
>> > this time. I suspect that the removal of libtool-ltdl and all related
>> > packages from
>> > my full-install might have caused this and I'm in the process of rebuilding
>> > those with libtool-2.
>> > I've uploaded the current logs to http://karsten.fedorapeople.org/
>> > After a quick glance at them I think that there are quite a few easy fixes,
>> > but I still
>> > have to find out what causes p.e. the cracklib failure.
>>
>> Looking at the first few:
>>
>> afflib: needs AC_PROG_CXX
>
> Or better, just call autoconf instead of autoreconf.  (Or do it right
> and patch configure.)

Again, I'm talking about real fixes to send upstream. There is a very
simple, correct way to fix this. If the packager wants to work around
it in one way or another, that's an option, but I'm interested in
getting things fixed correctly so they stop being broken now and
later.

Clearly, we're looking at this from two totally different perspectives.

--
Dan