Updating gtksourceview

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Fri Oct 17 14:16:03 UTC 2008

I just realized that F-10 is going to ship with a very old version of
gtksourceview (18-month old 1.8.5, while latest is 2.4). Is there a
specific reason for that ?

I would like to push updates for glom that require the 2.0 API. I see
about 10 dependent packages for libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0, some of which
already support the 2.0 API. We're left with the following packages with
hard 1.0 API dependencies :

- ocaml-lablgtk
- gnome-python2-gtksourceview
- mathmap
- conglomerate
- libgnomedb
- scratchpad

So either we'll have to write patches, or create a
compat-gtksourceview10 package. Does anyone know the work involved to
port from the 1.0 to the 2.0 API ?

-denis