The Big ACL Opening

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Fri Oct 17 17:46:10 UTC 2008

> On Friday 17 October 2008, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
>> Also, "Ultra" means "beyond" while "Super" means "above", IIRC. Super
>> hence appears more appropriate to me here, and less extreme. But
>> that's just me.
>
> Nope, me too.

An interesting irony here is that while Nietzsche's Ubermensch is best
translated as Overman, for English, it's commonly mistranslated as
Superman, and so Superpackager "sounds" more like what Lennart was getting
at than does Uberpackager.  To me, anyway.

FWIW, I really don't care, and am fine with uberpackager, ultrapacakger,
and superpackager.

> --

novus ordo absurdum