The Big ACL Opening

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Oct 18 06:55:21 UTC 2008

On Sat October 18 2008, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> I fully understand that not everyone is aware of this connection,
> especially outside of Germany. But uh, in Germany it is very obvious.

I live in Germany and am a native speaker, but for me this is not very
obvious. I also doubt, that anyone I know would think about someone within
Fedora beeing a nazi oder inhuman, because of the groupname uberpackager.

> Also note that the "über" in the first stanza of the "Deutschlandlied"
> played a role in the decision to make only the third stanza the German
> anthem. (i.e. "Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles.")

Did it really? I would believe, that it is the meaning of this stanza that led
to id not being the national anthem of Germany.

Regards,
Till