None of the Above (was Re: Sendmail still default?)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Oct 20 02:13:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 09:47:58PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >  But it doesn't make sense for the default desktop OS to be sending you
> > email about all the junk going on under the hood.
> I understand where you are coming from but I have to say the above
> statement is, imo, fundamentally wrong.

I agree with Seth. Since most desktop users don't have a centralized
logserver but do have an e-mail account somewhere, it makes perfect sense.
We need to work some on getting e-mail going somewhere useful, though, and
on making the e-mails sent be not "junk".

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Senior Systems Architect