Sendmail still default?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Oct 20 07:18:08 UTC 2008

On Sat October 18 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
[E-mail was changed]

> Um... which is actually another reason for local mail being default; in
> the event a user's mail recipient is not configured, it goes to a local
> spool only readable by root and that user. If Sue sets up a computer and
> adds an account for Bob, it's not really ideal if Bob's mail gets sent
> to sue at EXAMPLE.com because Bob doesn't have a recipient specified.

Sending log file contents that may contain sensitive data via unencrypted
e-mail is not a good thing to do imho.

> Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.

I guess the owner of your used mydomain.com e-mail has this wish, too. Unless
it is one of your e-mail addresses, you should better use @example.com e-mail
addresses. The example.com domain is there, to be used if you need an example
domain.

Regards,
Till