uberpackager rename (was Re: The Big ACL Opening)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 17:12:30 UTC 2008

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 06:33 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> However, I also just plain don't like uberpackager.  uber has the
>> connotation of "superior" where I think the group name should be
>> shooting for the meanings of "more experienced", "proven" and
>> "trusted".
>
> To be honest, that sounds like onanistic political correctness too, and
> is almost as offensive to me as the other reason for changing it.

Well, it may be wanking but I don't consider it political correctness.
There's a difference in meaning between the words used and one is more
specific and a better description than the other.

Having an argument over the definition of political correctness is
probably even more off topic, though.  So I'll face your criticism and
say as long as it's just *almost* as offensive I can live with it :-)

-Toshio