Plan for tomorrows (20081022) FESCO meeting

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Oct 22 15:48:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:32:13 -0400
bpepple at fedoraproject.org (Brian Pepple) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday at 17:00
> UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

I am out traveling/vacationing, and thus might miss the meeting.
I'll try and make it, but if not...

> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- sponsor nominations -- Andreas Thienemann
> (ixs)

+1 from me.

> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- adjusting post-beta snapshots -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg01994.html
> - all

+1 from me.

> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- Features - Sbin Sanity -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg00337.html
> - Ville Skyttä

Are the feature owners going to be there to defend their feature?
I think that those folks having problems with tab completion or sudo
now will be much more able to modify their setup than the millions of
people who get confused because they can't run ifconfig after 'su' or
just as their user to gather information.

So, my vote would be to keep the feature as it is, but add
documentation or other info to help the folks that are negatively
impacted by this feature to get their setup back to the way they like.
Release notes?

> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- Features - all
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora
>
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply
> to this mail and I'll add it to the schedule.  You can also propose
> topics in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around
> Fedora" phase.

We may want to discuss and answer:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/8#comment:2
We said we want no 'compat-python24' in Fedora, but what about a
private copy of it to allow zope to work?

> Later,
> /B

kevin