[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 16:30:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:42:08PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I've never found that to be the case, no. Any third party work that
> "tried to co-operate" would be packaged as a Fedora package, and would
> be included in my above statement.

Packages included in fedora have been broken for months or years now.
You may think that these are not important packages, but still they are
in fedora. Now as I told already fixing these packages or coming up with
a design more backward compatible may entail some costs too, but
having packages in fedora isn't a insurance against breakage. Gnome
packages and major desktop package, sure will get a lot of love, but
packages that are not 'mainstream' fedora won't be taken in
consideration that much.

--
Pat