Regarding install options

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Oct 23 17:31:48 UTC 2008

On 23.10.2008 18:56, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Neither will the meaning of 'minimal' be.  Will it have networking?
> Will it have yum?  Will it have ssh?  Will it speak my language?  So on,
> and so forth.

Not sure if my mind plays tricks with me, but I got the impression that
I hear something like the above as a "shoot the discussion down"
argument every few days right now... This is starting to annoy me, as
statements like the above don't lead anywhere: Decisions have to be
made; repeatably pointing out that it's hard to do them doesn't bring us
a tiny bit further. So please:

Just let a group of interested people make a decision and realize it as
a feature for F11! Then we hopefully can get rid of this topic (which
seems to pop up every few weeks...).

Just my 2 cent.

Cu
knurd

(¹) Just like other decisions get made every day in Fedora. "Chose the
default" decisions are a good example, that are just as hard to make
often: Epiphany or Firefox? Pidgin or Empathy? Thunderbird or Evolution?
Some people won't like the decision in the end, but it's better for
everyone to make one !