state of Fedora kernel and Desktop use?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:57:10 UTC 2008

2008/10/24 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:31 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> Sorry for quoting, but I'm not a developer, just a curious user :)
>
> And not to belittle your status as a user, but at some point you are
> going to have to trust that the developers are Doing The Right Thing.

I never said I don't trust them, far from it, just that I'm curious.

I'm really impressed how well Fedora 9 and current rawhide work, but
when I read CK's interview I was sad that he quit doing his patches.
Desktop linux (Fedora included) needs all the people that it can,
especially ones who focus also on the desktop and issues regarding
desktop use. He claimed that desktop performance was seriously
impaired when 2.6 kernel was released and that then nobody was even
paying attention on desktop workloads and that enterpise workload
patches were seriously hurting desktop performance and workloads.

If there is some other resource  (his personal blog, interview or
something) about Linux kernel and desktop workloads that that some
kernel developer wrote please point me in that direction.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/