help required for thoggen

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Oct 24 16:28:04 UTC 2008

On Friday, 24 October 2008 at 09:26, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> http://thoggen.net/
> Can we have it in fedora. It rips DVD and supports Ogg/Theora (supported).

AFAIK decoding MPEG-2 is not allowed in Fedora yet. AC3/A52 probably too.
DTS definitely isn't. However, MP2 is patent-free already, I think.
Anyway, without MPEG-2 and at least AC3 you can't "rip" DVDs, so I don't
think it can go into Fedora if it is to be usable at all.

> Later on they are planning to add support to AVI/divx/mpeg4 And the
> required gstream codecs are on Livna or RPMFusion
>
> The program is very good and useful. So, I wanted it in.
> I am not sure about whether it legally acceptable?

fedora-legal-list might be a better place to ask.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."