X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Tue Oct 28 15:33:04 UTC 2008

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Just stop for a second.
>
> Roll back from the keyboard a bit. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind
> of what you were doing. Relax. Listen to the gentle whirr of your
> computer, and close your eyes.
>
> Feeling relaxed? Ok, now open your eyes, and ask yourself the
> following question:
>
> "Do I /really/ care?"

Yes!

> Look at the F keys on your keyboard. The whole of your gripe lies
> within the space of 6 inches. Lets not have a flame war today.

Actually, you try to start just now...

> Lets just move our habits 6 inches

Nope. Lets preserve our habits. This habits costs nothing for Joe Users
(who use X only).

> to the left and let life be good.

Why your life should be good, but my life not? </rhetoric>

I agree, that sometimes changes are incompatible. But in this case
exactly, we can preserve compatibility with some amount of old users.

~buc