Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Oct 29 12:36:44 UTC 2008

FWIW: we investigated memory usage of VT's, and it was significant; we
reduced the number of VT's available on the OLPC (3 or 4, IIRC), and
moved the VT X was on, without any problems.

Of course, our environment is atypical, but that can be said about
everyone's environment...
                         - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>