Telnet Failure With F-10 Beta

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 29 15:50:49 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson writes:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:48:50AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > I tried (and failed) to start a telnet install of the F-10 beta on two
> > x86_64 machines. Furthermore, logs on the dhcp server do not indicate
> > that the target machine ever requested an ip address.
> >
> > Is there a bug here? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Try a more recent snapshot like F10 Snap3 or today's rawhide.
OK. Snap3 failed.

Yesterday's rawhide, from October 28, did better. It got the ipv4
address over dhcp, but gave "connection refused" to a telnet connection
request.

PS: We tried the ipv6=auto switch, but it did not get an address. Note
that we ARE running radvd, and this machine always gets its ipv6 address
that way in F-9.

Janina